The AJSSL procurement support service is aimed at all equipment procurers who wish to optimise availability and reduce Through Life Costs. In the commercial service industry, this will improve the performance and the rate of return on the capital investment.
To make the most of our services, early engagement is advised. We adopt industry standard procurement processes, tailored to our customers projects budget and complexity. AJSSL provide advice and guidance on “Best Practice” and ensure lessons learnt reduce risk and ensure successful procurement and introduction into service, saving customer’s time and money.
Examples of procurement “Best Practice”:
• Do not start with a solution. Start with a clear user vision of what is required of a capability.
• Consideration should be given to Whole Life Costs for the capability.
• Give consideration to the support during the development of the concept for a capability; use the basic principles of a Supportability Engineering approach.
• During design and development of support, use Life Cycle Costing to identify cost drivers.
• Utilise a System Engineering approach to develop requirements and specifications.
• Adopt a system to identify, analyse, plan and manage risk through life within the project.
Examples of our capability areas:
• Program and Project Management
• Management of multi-disciplined Technical Support Teams
• PRINCE2 Practitioner
• Equipment Procurement and Defence Procurement Specialist
• RPAS / UAS System Procurement Specialist
• Defence Support Assurance.
• Contract Due Diligence Support
• Through Life Support Management
• Supportability Engineering Management
• Supportability Analysis & Management
• Reliability Centred Maintenance Practitioner
• Logistic Information and Data Management
• Information Systems Deployment
• Aircraft Interactive Electronic Technical Publications Management
• Aircraft Engineering Management
• Asset and Fleet Management
• Value for Money Benchmarking
• CAA Certified Commercial small UAS Operator
Security cleared, experienced and qualified independent equipment and support specialists. Our consultants have been involved within Defence Equipment and Support since 1983, and have been assisting Industry and MoD customers in the research, design and implementation of major defence equipment based capabilities and their support solutions since 1997. Since 2009 we have been involved in the development of commercially operated Unmanned Aircraft Systems services in UK. Utilising this practical experience and our skills from operational equipment management, we have been providing advice and guidance to clients looking to procure unmanned capability and providing advice and guidance nationally and internationally.
LEVELS OF SUPPORT
From experience, no two projects we support are the same; we therefore tailor the type of work to suit a clients project and budget. This ensures the client is provided the most effective value for money level of support for their project requirements.
We are focused on delivering agile, value for money support solutions to our customers. This requires a simple engagement and engagement process. This page outlines the basic process. Prior to any formal engagement for support from A J S we will discuss your requirements, scope the support activity and clearly define the proposal in work package descriptions. These descriptions will define inputs, outputs, delivery dates and constraints. All sizes of work packages and contracting arrangements will be considered. We predominantly deliver work packages for resource effort from 1 day through to 6 months.
Doing business with A J S is simple, cost effective and responsive to customers requirements and schedules. We are experienced at expeditious development of all phases of capability procurement and support. More information is available on our Doing Business page of this website.