Precision technology has produced a farming revolution of recent years; now, monitoring crops from the sky with Drones will drive another.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
Using our Drones we can capture Aerial Crop Scouting high resolution images of your fields, covering large areas in a single flight. Without the cost and hassle of manned services and at a far greater resolution than satellite imagery provides, even when there is cloud cover.
Supporting farm activities including: identify pests, disease, weeds, machine issues and other visual defects, count plants & determine population / spacing issues. Our Sensor Range includes:
– RGB (Red/Green/Blue): for visual inspection, elevation modelling, plant counting
– NIR (near-infrared): for soil property & moisture analysis, crop health/stress analysis, water management, erosion analysis, plant counting
– RE (red-edge): for crop health analysis, plant counting, water management
– multiSPEC 4C (multispectral): both NIR & RE applications, except plant counting
– thermoMAP (thermal infrared): – for plant physiology analysis, irrigation scheduling, maturity evaluation, yield forecasting
By using image processing software AJSSL can transform the survey data into one large ‘orthomosaic’ image. Apply algorithms like Normalized Difference Vegetation Index (NDVI) to this image and AJSSL can create a reflectance map of your crop.
This map is the key to boosting yields, cutting costs, and driving your business forward. It highlights exactly which areas of crop need closer examination – meaning less time spent scouting, and more time treating the plants that need it.
The aim is not for AJSSL to replace physical crop scouting on the ground – but to save time by informing and focusing the physical scouting activity.
AUTHORISATION, QUALIFICATIONS AND INSURANCE
AJSSL has permission from the UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) to carry out commercial aerial work. Our pilots are trained and experienced in use of the systems and are insured for third party damages. They have current CRB checks and hold (SC) Security Clearance. The company is registered and operates in accordance with current Data Protection and CCTV guidelines. We have clear and strict company operating procedures that govern who, when, where and how we operate. This crucially includes only being able to take off and land with the land owners permission.